Finding compassionate pet end of life care near Huntington Beach, CA
Goals of end-of-life care
- Minimize pet’s discomfort, distress, and disorientation. Animals may not exhibit outward signs of suffering, so pain management is essential, along with dietary changes and plenty of love.
- Make his final days as peaceful and respectful as possible. Surround him with favorite toys and blankets. Provide a cushioned resting place to avoid pressure sores. Be vigilant for soiling and keep him clean.
- Provide hospice care at home, with the supervision of veterinarian. Hospice is a philosophy that death is a natural part of life. Preserving dignity at end of life means putting his best interest first – not prolonging pain or poor quality of life to postpone saying goodbye.
- End suffering with painless humane euthanasia at the veterinary office. The animal experiences no end-of-life anxiety. The experience is similar to undergoing anesthesia, and takes only a few seconds. If your pet cannot be easily moved we can take care of this in your home.
- Make respectful arrangements for the earthly remains. We can help with preparation for cremation or provide information on burial options.
How we can help
We are with you every step of the way, providing calming guidance on treatment and at home care. You can count on the professional advice of our veterinarians to help you decide when the time is right to euthanize. When you treat at All Creatures Care Cottage, you and your pet are not alone. Call (949) 430-7576.