Choosing a Cat Boarding Facility in Costa Mesa
For cat owners, leaving home for a substantial period is stressful. Boarding can be a good option for your feline, and bring peace of mind for you. How do you find a qualified cat boarding facility in the Costa Mesa area? Keep reading.
Why choose boarding?
While cats don’t usually mind alone time as much as dogs, they need regular feeding, fresh water, and attention. A friend or neighbor may not have the time or experience to care for your cat properly. A safe facility that caters to cats has these advantages for your pet:
- Avoids stress of being crated for the duration of a long car trip or airline flight.
- Stays where he or she is welcome (not smuggled into a hotel room).
- Gets supervision and attention that would be lacking if left home alone.
- Secure kennels minimize risk of escape.
- Health status is monitored.
- Qualified personnel administer medications.
Look for specialized care
When choosing a cat boarding facility, visit first. As you tour the premises, ask yourself these questions:
- Does the compound look and smell clean?
- Is the temperature comfortable?
- Do staff members interact with cats in a compassionate and knowledgeable manner?
- Do they require that cat guests be up to date with vaccinations?
- Are cats housed in a separate area from dogs?
- Is there space for the cat to move around?
- Is there distance between food and water bowls, and the litter box?
- Can you provide your cat’s own food?
- Does the staff seem willing to understand and provide routine medications?
- Are veterinary services available?
All Creatures Care Cottage in Costa Mesa, CA is a clean, safe “home away from home” for your cat. Visit us at 601 W 19th St., Suite 200 to see how comfortable your pet can be. Call (949) 430-7576 today for more information on cat boarding.Back to Boarding Page