If Your Pet Needs Care, Visit All Creatures Care Cottage Veterinary Hospital in Costa Mesa, CA
All Creatures Care Cottage Veterinary Hospital is proud to serve Costa Mesa, CA and the surrounding areas. Dr. Rand Spongberg and his staff provide the highest quality care along with friendly, gentle service in the treatment of your pets. We believe in treating each pet as if they were our own and welcome them in with compassion and care. We want you to have complete trust that you are leaving your little family member in the very best of hands when you visit our Costa Mesa animal hospital.
When you bring your pet into All Creatures Care Cottage Veterinary Hospital, we want you to feel that your pet is getting an excellent diagnostic evaluation. We insist on excellence, and the blood work taken, as well as other data, are what we rely on when diagnosing your pets. We perform our diagnostic services using the latest in technology and tools that provide incredibly accurate results.
Some of the tools that are used in our office include:
- Digital x-ray imaging, which minimizes radiation exposure
- Ultrasound technology for the abdomen and heart
- Video otoscope equipment for observation of the inner ear
- Test kits for the detection of heartworm, tick-borne diseases, feline immunodeficiency and leukemia, and pancreatitis
- Centrifuge testing for anemia
- Urinalysis equipment
This is just a sampling of the equipment we have on hand. We want you to have the utmost trust that, whatever malady your pet may be facing, we will be able to accurately test for, diagnose, and treat the problem.
Pets age at a much more rapid pace than we do, and they are very good at hiding symptoms that may be harming their overall health. Therefore, it’s important to get them regular checkups. We typically advise annual check-ups so that we can detect any issues that you might not have noticed. By the time we notice something wrong with our pets, it may have progressed to a point that is dangerous to their health. Our preventative care evaluates your pet’s health from head to tail, including the teeth and gums. If any issue is detected, a care plan (including any necessary medication) will be recommended so that we can get them back to living a happy and healthy life.
Vaccines are an incredibly important part in making sure your pet lives a long and healthy life. At All Creatures Care Cottage Veterinary Hospital, we view vaccines as falling under two categories:
- Core Vaccines – These are the essential vaccines that are administered to reduce the risk for diseases that are highly contagious and could be dangerous (or even fatal) to your pet. The core vaccines we offer help prevent diseases such as distemper, parvovirus, adenovirus and rabies.
- Non-Core Vaccines – Vaccines that do not fall under the core “umbrella” include those that are administered based on your pet’s given environment and lifestyle. These can include vaccines developed to prevent kennel cough or Lyme disease.
New Patients: (949) 430-7576, Existing Patients: (949) 642-7151
Schedule an online Appointment.
Our feline friends also need their vaccines too! This is especially important for cats that spend significant time outdoors and are at risk for feline leukemia, distemper, herpes, and rabies.
We offer spay and neuter services as well. These will prevent pregnancy, but also carries some other benefits as well.
- Research has shown that animals that undergo this process are more likely to live a healthier and longer life.
- Females that have been spayed live with a reduced risk of mammary cancer and uterine infections.
- Neutered males have fewer prostate problems and a reduced risk of testicular cancer.
- It can tone down aggression and inappropriate behaviors in pets that exhibit this before the procedure.
We will perform this procedure with the greatest care and precision and your pet will feel no pain as anesthesia will be administered beforehand. Our staff understands the risks associated with anesthesia and are vigilant throughout the process so that nothing happens to your loved one.
Other surgeries are offered as well, depending on your pet’s needs and you can rest easy knowing that the utmost care is provided during the surgeries we offer, no matter how small the procedure may seem. A sampling of surgeries offered include:
- Soft tissue procedures
- Tumor removals
- Tooth extractions
- Orthopedic procedures
We also offer grooming and bathing advice for your pets so that you have a plan you can follow. There are some grooming issues that may be better treated in our office than at home, such as medicated baths. We recommend a medicated bath when your pet is experiencing skin problems or as a preventative treatment for fleas and ticks.
There are times when life may pull you away from home for an extended period and you are not able to line up at home care for your pet. Rest easy as we offer top of the line boarding care at All Creatures Care Cottage Veterinary Hospital. Our kennels offer significant space for your pet to move around comfortably and we offer interaction, play and outdoor time in our effort to provide personal attention to every pet staying with us.
Your pets are members of the family and we would love them to become a part of ours also. Whatever the service needed, please call us at All Creatures Care Cottage Veterinary Hospital to set up an appointment. As pet owners ourselves, we understand the bond we all have with our beloved pets and want to make sure yours will live a long, healthy and happy life.
Back to Home Page