Veterinarian near Newport Beach gives the kind of preventive care your pet deserves
As a pet owner, you want your pet to be as healthy as possible. Pet owners form a special bond with their animals, so knowing that they are happy and healthy is of utmost importance. All Creatures Care Cottage Veterinary Hospital, serving the Newport Beach area, believes that pet preventive care is the best way to ensure quality of life for your pet.
What is preventive care for pets?
- We start our wellness visits with a health evaluation. If your pet is a new patient, we will do a history that includes information about your pet’s breed, their age, what their lifestyle is, any behavior issues, and diet.
- A comprehensive physical exam: We will take your pet’s temperature, determine weight, and check pulse and respiration rates.
- Even for existing patients, we will do the above steps to track any possible health problems that have started since your last visit.
- Needed vaccinations: If you are a new client, we will set up a vaccination schedule for your pet.
- Diagnostics: We will test for heartworm, test fecal matter, and perform other tests, as needed.
Frequency of prevention visits:
For new puppies and kittens, visits are recommended every three to four weeks until about four months old. This allows us to track how they are developing and get all the required and recommended vaccines done. Adult animals typically only need to see us once a year.
Pet preventive care can stop a problem before it becomes serious. This not only saves your animal from unnecessary suffering, but also helps keep any treatment needed minimal and saves you money. As fellow pet owners, we know the joy that having a happy pet can bring. Give us a call (949) 430-7576 to schedule your pet’s preventive appointment! We treat your pet the way they deserve!Back to Blog News Page